IAUP features prominently in a ground-breaking new two-volume work on international university management, Strategies for University Management, J. Mark Munoz & Neal King (Eds), Business Expert Press (2016).
As described by the publisher: “The state of affairs of contemporary higher education has been described as chaotic, highly competitive, and constrained with institutional roadblocks and bureaucracy. Despite obstacles, several academic leaders defied conventional wisdom and took on an aggressive path toward innovation and change. This book captures the viewpoints of thought leaders in the contemporary education landscape. With insights from academic administrators and experts from around the world, this book is poised to be the official “how to guide” for success in the management of educational institutions.”
Co-edited by IAUP President-Emeritus and Board of Directors Chair Dr. Neal King, IAUP members who are contributors to this work, and their chapter titles, are as follows:
- Global Higher Education : A Perspective from Spain Fernando Galvan, Rector, Universidad de Alcala, Alcala de Henares, Spain
- Creating and Sustaining the University Leadership Pipeline Don Betz, President, University of Central Oklahoma, USA
- Quad-helix engagement for socio-economic development : the role of universities in their cities and regions Thandwa Mthembu, Vice-Chancellor and Principal, Central University of Technology, Free State [CUT], South Africa
- Business and Academic Linkages : The Case of Georgia Kakha Shengalia, President, Caucasus University, Republic of Georgia (with co-author Shalva Machavariani)
- Financial Management in Higher Education Neal King, IAUP (with J. Mark Munoz, Millikin University, USA, Co-Editor)